Event-USB is designed to give the highest possible performance while keeping the USB cable flexible, reliable and consistent in performance regardless of the RF environment it may operate in, and to allow the user to experiment with secondary bus power independently of the USB signal pair, or remove from signal completely if the DC voltage buss is not required by the digital to analog converter.
There was no target price set when developing the Event-USB, it was assumed it was a cost-no-object endeavor within the realm of commercial sensibility.
- Significant system performance improvement, for a USB cable and compared against others (your job to decide and judge, we offer a no-hassle full money-back 60-day trial).
- Discrete power/signal cables on source allow user experimentation with alternate power sources.
- Or bypass of power altogether if the connected DAC does not require bus power.
- Single receiver connector (think Y-cable) so there is no issues with DACs that need to see bus power or for those that need single-source ground.
- Not insanely expensive—high value when carefully considered.
- Flexible, reliable, consistent.
For tests and measures please download Spec’s + Ad Copy.
- Signal and bus power are physically and electrically separate and fully shielded, terminating into a single receiver-side connector (USB-B). This allows data to be transmitted without incursion of external noise and keeps noise and inductance of the bus feed from coupling to the signal pair that is typical within a single cable format.
- Signal pair features precise impedance, pure silver solid core conductors, clear Teflon (PTFE) insulation and high magnitude 98% coverage shielding. These features result in a signal cable that is very wide in bandwidth, with very high signal propagation velocity with minimum group delay, that is free from deleterious effects of noise. And yeah, it’s also reliable despite it being a solid-core construction. Real results give a listener increased transparency in their playback system yielding more intelligibility of complex tones and music over other cables with less advanced engineering.
- Power cable is designed to well exceed the possible current capacity.
- Connectors and termination are epoxy potted and strain relieved for decades of consistent service.
- Connector bodies are machined from 6061, hard anodized and engraved—because it’s cool.
- Cables are nylon sheathed for high durability and a good feel.
More Ad Copy
We’re not sure why digital audio can be/is so fussy, but it seems digitized waveforms and systems are as affectable as analog. Why? So much comes down to timing and mankind’s ability to pickup very subtle temporal differences, and it’s in time where digital audio lives and dies. Specifics within facets of digital audio are still pretty foggy despite having nearly half a century of art and experience. Current thinking in academia is that unless you need to convert an analog signal to digital it’s best to stay in the analog, but that’s another conversation, we are after all trying to sell you a digital USB cable.
There’s a lot going on outside of the normal stuff like aliasing, time shifts, standing waves and noise that’s over the trigger threshold. It does appear as signal, as well as how processing yields the analog, is more influenceable and perceptible in practice than on paper—music fidelity even in the digital domain can be improved. This new Event-USB cable design reduces the passive restraints such as capacitance, resistance and inductance over what has been done before while expanding bandwidth through precise manufacturing/characteristic impedance, very low dielectric influence due to the exclusive use of Teflon, and considered termination technique and work breakdown. The cable also has high magnitude discrete shielding for both the signal set as well as power which places greater protection around signal and the related power circuit. Boiling it all down, digitized music as used in PCM, PWM and DSD can be made to sound better within the digital cable interconnect through even small improvements in bandwidth, impedance, propagation velocity, the reduction of electromagnetic incursion in all its forms and all the more standard analog influencers.
So here we are in closing days of 2017 with totally unique USB cables, and we’ve done our own thing to get here—since the beginning of FireWire truth be known. We’re not saying that we’ve been working on this USB stuff for the last two decades because we haven’t, there’s been all sorts of things get in the way—speakers, phono cartridges, subwoofer systems, company dynamics, family and life. What we are saying is that we are not johnny-come-lately, more like fashionably late, or saving the best for last.
All of our USB and other cables are designed and built exclusively in-house—fantastic products created by a team of strong minds, hands and hearts, each beautifully caked with a nice layer of filthy experience.