Denon VL12 Prime
Denon VL12 Prime
Denon DJ VL12 Prime turntable. Even totally stock these kick ass. Yeah, they are killer—like the looks or not.
Q. Will the stock deck work with heavy pickups like the Zu? Yes, just install the included sub-counterweight.
Q. Is the stock phono cable alright? Sure, but we have developed a new cable to further the fidelity of this deck, a VL-12 variant of our Mission Phono interconnect.
Q. What should I do with the stock phono cable? Give it to your local record shop, they'll find it a home.
Zu tricks, bolt-ons and other mods are in the works—the deck we've been waiting for.
And yes, like everything we sale, 60-day satisfaction guarantee, and we pay return shipping—you are literally out nothing but some time to try this deck out. Know, try it.
Parts and mods in the works:
Tonearm changeout base, machined, for complete arm replacement, with concentricity offset—for which arm(s) were messing with it.
Phono cable (we already kill it there, but a less expensive one would be nice, a cable that makes sense, price-wise, to those that relate to a blue-collar lifestyle.
As above for a power cable.
Bearing oil formula.
But like we said, even stock, for less than $2k this is the deck, get over that it looks like (is) a real DJ deck. In fact, you should dig that it was designed for the rigors of pro use, the disco looks are all bonus.
- VL12 Prime deck.
- Sub counterweight to work with heavier pickups, like the Zu.
- Tracking light cool white.
- Tracking light warm white.
- Slipmat (felt).
- 45 adapter (pancake type).
- IEC power cable (regular kinda-shitty thing but with 90 degree IEC).
- Stereo RCA/phono cable w/ground leads (shitty).
- User manual.
- Phono-level signal output via phono connectors (RCA-type), analog only.
[Signal (–) right and signal (–) left are tied.]
- Ground lug is chassis and tonearm ground and is not tied to signal ground.
- Mains Input Voltage: 100–240 V-AC, 50/60 Hz
Plug: standard IEC (IEC-60320 | C13/14)
Position: right side, ground on top.
- 17-3/4 x 14 x 6” [45 x 35.6 x 15.0 cm]
Packaged: 23 x 18 x 8" [58 x 46 x 21 cm]
- 27 lbs. [12.5 kgs]
Packaged: 34 lbs. [15.4 kgs]
- Quartz direct-drive
- High Torque: 5 kgf/cm (instant); 3.4 kgf/cm (stable)
- Low Torque: 3.2 kgf/cm (instant); 1.4 kgf/cm (stable)
- Starting Time: 0.3 seconds
- Braking System: Electronic
- Effective Length: 9.4” [238 mm]
- Overhang: 1” [25.4 mm]
- Offset Angle: 20.5°