EVENT XLR [Mk.II]
EVENT XLR [Mk.II]
Price is $475 for a 1.0m [3' 3"] left + right matched set. Additional length is $295/meter [$39.92/ft.]. Price may not include shipping, taxes or other fees.
Event XLR Mk.II is our best balanced line-level cable and yes it’s special. We feel strongly that it defines the apex of value in high-end balanced audio interconnects. They are special in performance and they spectacular in measures: super low reactance, ultra fast propagation velocity, massively wide bandwidth, near perfect RF immunity, and the tightest left/right channel tolerances in the business.
If Event XLR Mk.II does not improve the sound of your system, sell your system.
Hear your music again for the first time... hear things you’ve never heard before... more life-like, making your system even better than real life.... Seriously though, Event XLR Mk.II really performs and if you’re in the market for top-shelf interconnects you really should put these new Mk.II Event XLR cables on your list—we back ‘em up with our no-hassle 60-days satisfaction guarantee so you can try ‘em, with your own gear, with your music and without sales pressure so you can know for yourself.
Zu Event XLR combines Zu and W.L. Gore® balanced two-channel transmission technologies and marries cutting edge manufacturing, pure meta-single crystal silver and Zu’s PTFE-VC dielectric. The result is a two-channel signal transmission that is virtually immune to RF and realizes reduced noise and distortion from your system.
Event XLR Mk.II’s electrodynamic engineering of left/right channels ensures both channels match exactly and are RF immune. The sharing of dielectric space is a huge part of the design; the resulting reduction of size and capacitance guarantees uniform response and realization of near perfect shielding from external environmental concerns such as electromagnetic and vibrational radiation. In addition to better sound, the design also lets you run longer lengths without the unfavorable side effects.
The impact Event XLR Mk.II can have on your playback enjoyment is potentially as significant as your last new amp or DAC upgrade—and likely at far less cost than either. Really, take us up on our 60-days satisfaction guarantee, know for yourself.
More Ad Copy
Event XLR Mk.II (mark-two) is designed for your balanced, line-level two-channel interconnection needs. It gives the best possible protection from RF noise, the widest bandwidth, and the most convincing transmission of stereophonic content—left and right channels being nearly perfectly matched with signal of each channel propagating within the same dielectric space. While the dialectic space is shared between both left and right, each is positioned so one cannot see or crosstalk to the other. This elimination of crosstalk and reduction of parallel capacitance helps ensure the intelligence of each channel remain independent and pristine.
Our PTFE-VC Teflon® insulation skins the conductors of signal and return and is the structure that sets the cables characteristic impedances. Teflon® is used for its very low dielectric constant, no other commercially available insulator has as good a dielectric behavior as this Teflon® based dielectric.
Conductor used in Event XLR Mk.II is the highest purity North American mined, smelted, refined and drawn silver. How this pure material is used within the E&M model yields all of the benefits of silver but without the cheaper off-the-shelf stuff’s glare, lean tone, or edginess. In fact, Event XLR Mk.II is a very relaxed and harmonically dense, life-like sounding cable. We think this is only achieved when emphasis is placed on the E&M architecture; materials simply serving the electrodynamics and target sound.
What is the difference between the RCA and XLR cables, save for the connectors? A question we occasionally get. Well, they are quite different despite looking the same. RCA (single-ended typically) signals and the corresponding cable behave very differently from XLR and we have addressed and designed for the unique features of both. Event XLR Mk.II is balanced and places the left signal in the virtual ground of the right, and vise versa.
The result our hard work and excellent, ever advancing craftsmanship is a state-of the-art performing XLR cable that is highly RF immune, easy to work with, can be ran for very long lengths, and is not totally insane in price (relative).
Event XLR Mk.II Features & Benefits
- Zu/Gore® shared dielectric two-channel, balanced electrodynamic geometry for low electromagnetic interference susceptibility and near perfect left/right measures and behavior. This ensures the highest level of stereophonic realism and reduces reactance so signals remain unaltered even in very long lengths.
- Dense electric and magnetic signature, as well as the cables physical dimensions, further guard against RF and other sources of noise and allow for small and easy handling quality.
- The very low, uniform and square reactance of Event XLR Mk.II facilitates long runs without bandwidth loss or phase issues.
- Super consistent impedance characteristics of Event XLR Mk.II reduce standing waves and contribute to the stable propagation of intelligence in short or long runs.
- Zu Event XLR Mk.II has no DC offset and features perfect symmetry between left and right channels. Again, the identical relationship between channels guarantees the highest possible recreation of image dimension, density and tone.
- PTFE-VC (Teflon®) + air dielectric with identical electrodynamic relationships provide exceptionally low dielectric constant and super low dissipation factor—features that improve bandwidth, phase relations and overall musical resolution.
- Silver plated Amphenol® XLR connectors for they lowest possible contact resistance.
- Designed and made by Zu Audio in Ogden, Utah—USA.
No maintenance is required for the Event XLR Mk.II cable or its connectors. However, anytime you are making an electrical connection make it a habit to inspect the contacts and clean them if they are tarnished or dirty, Cape Cod™ polish is one of our favorites.
Event XLR Mk.II interconnect cable requires a good bit of play before complete burn-in is reached, roughly 400 hours—Teflon® equals slow burn-in. We do not recommend any burn-in devices or special recordings. We do recommend music you enjoy, preferably upbeat full spectrum recordings: rock, roots, full orchestra, big band.... For the possible how and whys about burn-in please see our Answers section.
Event XLR Ad Copy + Tests & Measures PDF Download