MISSION RCA [Mk.II]
MISSION RCA [Mk.II]
Price is $190 for a 1.0m [3' 3"] left + right matched set. Additional length is $50/meter [$15.25/ft.]. Price may not include shipping, taxes or other fees.
Zu Mission interconnect cables are all about maximum hi-fi value and are designed to challenge the state-of-the-art but at reasonable prices.
Mission RCA Mk.II will improve the sound of your system by lowering noise and improving top to bottom transient and tonal resolution, with the biggest area of improvement in stereophonic imaging—few are as convincing as Zu Mission RCA Mk.II for stereophonic magic. They're also small, flexible, durable and have a very comfortable hand.
Get pristine perfectly matched 2-channel stereo transmission in your stereo system, get Mission. Sceptical, and want to know for yourself? Great! Our 60-day satisfaction guarantee makes in-home trial dead easy—and we pay return shipping if for any reason you are not completely happy. If you have any questions please call or e-mail info@ZuAudio.com.
Mission RCA Mk.II is specifically designed for two-channel stereo, line-level single-ended transmission and combines Zu and W.L. Gore® two-channel transmission technologies and marries it with cutting edge manufacturing and regulated shielding. The result is a two-channel stereo cable that is virtually immune to electromagnetic interferences.
Performance goals are realized through the correct application of Zu and Gore® cable technologies, which bond the 2-channel stereo circuits in the same dielectric space providing identical left/right signal conditions and performance, an advantage that is not possible with traditional white/red co-ax cables. Zu Mission also use innovative material technologies such as Teflon® (PTFE) dielectric and pure silver deposit over pure copper conductors.
- SwitchCraft classic hollow-pin RCA for next to best sound while saving a ton of cash and getting a sweet vintage looking cable.
- Epoxy potting hermetically seals the termination of wire and connector and improves ESD performance and reduces the unavoidable EM reflections lowering the standing-wave ratio (SWR).
- Zu/Gore®-Quad shared dielectric dual signal bonded cable geometry for low electromagnetic interference susceptibility and guaranteed near perfect left/right measures and behavior. This ensures the highest level of stereophonic realism.
- Dense electric and magnetic signature, as well as the cables physical dimensions, further guard against RF and noise and allows for small and easy handling.
- The very low, uniform and square reactance of Mission RCA Mk.II facilitates very long runs without bandwidth loss or phase issues.
- Uniform impedance characteristics of Mission RCA Mk.II reduce standing waves and contribute to the stable propagation of intelligence in short or long runs.
- Zu Mission RCA has no DC offset like in coax designs and features perfect symmetry between left and right channels. As mentioned, this identical relationship between channels guarantees the highest possible recreation of dimension, stereo, density and tone.
- Pure silver over pure copper, perfect lay conductors for both signal and return.
- Virgin white Teflon® insulation with identical electrodynamic relationships help lower the net dielectric constant; Teflon® also has a very low dissipation factor—both features improve bandwidth, phase relations and overall musical resolution.
- Made by us in Ogden, Utah so every product gets serious attention and love.
No maintenance is required for the Mission RCA cable or its connectors. However, anytime you are making an electrical connection make it a habit to inspect the contacts and clean them if they are tarnished or dirty, Cape Cod™ polish is one of our favorites.
Mission RCA interconnect cable requires a good bit of play before complete burn-in is reached, roughly 400 hours—lots of Teflon® equals slow burn-in. We do not recommend any burn-in devices or special recordings. We do recommend music you enjoy, preferably upbeat full spectrum recordings: rock, roots, full orchestra, big band.... For the possible how and whys about burn-in please see our Answers section.