EVENT Phono [Mk.II]
EVENT Phono [Mk.II]
The impact Event Phono can have on your playback enjoyment is potentially as significant as your last new amp or DAC upgrade—and likely at far less cost than either. If you’re in the market for top-shelf interconnects you really should put Mk.II Event Phono cables on your list—we back ‘em up with our no-hassle 60-days satisfaction guarantee so you can try ‘em, with your own gear, with your music so you can know for yourself.
Price is $390 for a 1.0m [3' 3"] left + right matched set for those using SwitchCraft® RCA connectors. Additional length is $300/meter [$92/ft.]. Connector options alter price. Price may not include shipping, taxes or other fees.
RCA » RCA (SwitchCraft)
RCA » RCA (WBT nextgen)
RCA » RCA (WBT nextgen Silver)
5-pin straight » RCA (SwitchCraft)
5-pin straight » RCA (WBT nextgen)
5-pin straight » RCA (WBT nextgen Silver)
90˚ 5-pin » RCA (SwitchCraft)
90˚ 5-pin » RCA (WBT NexGen)
90˚ 5-pin » RCA (WBT nextgen Silver)
XLR » XLR
5-pin straight » XLR
90˚ 5-PIN » XLR
RCA—your standard phono coax, used on the vast majority of turntables and home audio gear.
XLR—your standard 3-pin balanced connection used on the majority of pro audio gear.
5-Pin Phono—fitted on many tonearms, in the bottom of the tonearm pivot.
90˚ 5-Pin Phono—for those that don’t have much space between the bottom of the turntable and shelf.
Materials used in Event Phono are similar to our competitor’s much more expensive top offerings; the use of the best solid core silver wire and virgin un-dyed Teflon dielectrics for example. But these are just the materials supporting the magic—the magic of design is not in the stuff, it’s in the electrodynamics! That’s where Event is different; we have the vision of sound, we know the engineering and we manufacture our cables and terminate them in-house.
The electrodynamics design and engineering of Event Phono ensures left/right channels match exactly and share dielectric space. This significantly reduces size and parallel capacitance, guarantees uniform left/right channel response and near perfect shielding from external environmental concerns such as electromagnetic and vibrational radiation. In addition to better sound, the design also lets you run longer lengths without the unfavorable side effects.
If Event RCA Mk.II does not make a difference in your system, sell your system.
More Ad Copy
Event Phono Mk.II (mark-two) is designed specifically for the modern, naturally balanced phono-level, two-channel system. It gives the best possible protection from RF noise, the widest bandwidth, and the most convincing transmission of stereophonic content—left and right channels being perfectly matched with signal of each channel propagating within the same dielectric space. While the dialectic space is shared between left and right, each is positioned so one cannot see or crosstalk to the other. This elimination of crosstalk and reduction of capacitance helps ensure the intelligence of each channel remain independent and pristine.
Our PTFE-VC Teflon® insulation skins the conductors of signal and return and is the structure that sets the cables characteristic impedances. Teflon® is used for its very low dielectric constant, no other commercially available insulator has as good a dielectric behavior as this Teflon® based dielectric.
Conductor used in Event Phono Mk.II is the highest purity North American mined, smelted, refined and drawn silver. How this pure material is used within the E&M model yields all of the benefits of silver but without the cheaper off-the-shelf stuff’s glare, lean tone, or edginess. In fact, Event Phono Mk.II is a very relaxed and harmonically dense, life-like sounding cable. We think this is only achieved when emphasis is placed on the E&M architecture; materials simply serving the electrodynamics and target sound.
The result our hard work and excellent, ever advancing craftsmanship is a state-of the-art performing phono-level cable that is highly RF immune, easy to work with, can be ran for very long lengths, and is not totally insane in price (relative).
Event Phono Mk.II Features & Benefits
- Zu/Gore® shared dielectric two-channel, balanced electrodynamic geometry for low electromagnetic interference susceptibility and near perfect left/right measures and behavior. This ensures the highest level of stereophonic realism and reduces reactance so signals remain pristine even in very long lengths.
- Dense electric and magnetic signature, as well as the cables physical dimensions, further guard against RF and other sources of noise and allow for small and easy handling quality.
- The low, uniform and square reactance of Event Phono Mk.II facilitates long runs without bandwidth loss or phase issues.
- Super consistent impedance characteristics of Event Phono Mk.II reduce standing waves and contribute to the stable propagation of intelligence in short or long runs.
- Zu Event Phono Mk.II has no DC offset and features perfect symmetry between left and right channels. Again, the identical relationship between channels guarantees the highest possible recreation of image dimension, density and tone.
- PTFE-VC (Teflon®) + air dielectric with identical electrodynamic relationships provide exceptionally low dielectric constant and super low dissipation factor—features that improve bandwidth, phase relations and overall musical resolution.
- Designed,and made by Zu Audio in Ogden, Utah—USA.
No maintenance is required for the Event Phono cables or its connectors. However, anytime you are making an electrical connection make it a habit to inspect the contacts and clean them if they are tarnished or dirty, Cape Cod™ polish is one of our favorites.
Event Mk.II interconnect cable requires a good bit of play before complete burn-in is reached, roughly 400 hours—lots of Teflon® equals slow burn-in. We do not recommend any burn-in devices or special recordings. We do recommend music you enjoy, preferably upbeat full spectrum recordings: rock, roots, full orchestra, big band.... For the possible how and whys about burn-in please see our Answers section.